You Know You Have a Baby When …
1. You’re doing yoga on the living room floor, eyes closed, going into a beautiful meditative space. You roll over onto your tummy and place your chin on a spot on the rug which has very obviously been recently puked on.
2. You’re really not sure whether it’s Monday, Wednesday or …
3. You no longer care whether one of your boobs pop out in public. In fact, you may not even notice. Once (or if) you do, you understand why you’ve been getting a few strange looks (although strange looks aren’t so unusual anymore).
4. You don’t mind a bit of puke and food on your top. In fact you may not even change before going out.
5. You sleep during the day, sometimes in public places and …
7. You sing more than you talk. And suddenly your voice has a whole new range of intonations.
8. You’d never have thought it possible, but for the first time ever you’re not fazed by cleaning up someone else’s poo. In fact, it becomes one of your favorite topics of conversation.
9. You’re no longer thinking “what should I do with this day?” You’re thinking, “what should I do with this break of unpredictable length?” (And you’d best choose wisely).
10. Many months have passed and you still haven’t returned those phone calls or replied to those emails or texts. And it doesn’t occur to you as rude.
11. You’re blogging about it.